Application Procedure for One Month to Nine Month 2014 Fellowship Awards
The application should include the following 4 elements:
- Cover sheet with the following information:
- Email address
- Telephone & fax numbers
- Institutional affiliation or employer
- Title/Position/Rank at current institution
- Date expected to receive PhD, if applicable
- Title of proposed project
- Time period of requested support, with a minimum of 1 month and maximum of 9 months (approximate dates are fine)
- Any grants or fellowships received in the last five years
Curriculum vitae of no more than three pages.
Project description of no more than five pages, including a description of the materials that will be consulted at the Linda Hall Library.
Names and contact information of three persons who will be submitting letters of reference. The letters should address the project and the fellow's qualifications.
Referees should submit the letter by email with the fellowship applicant’s name in the subject line.
The deadline for completion and submission of the application is January 3, 2014.
Please send the application information by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information please contact:
Director, Linda Hall Library Fellowship Program
5109 Cherry Street
Kansas City, MO 64110
Phone: (816) 926-8718
Fellowships are open to doctoral candidates, scholars with a PhD or equivalent, and independent scholars who can demonstrate similar professional or academic experience.
Those who reside in the Kansas City area are not eligible for residential research fellowships. The Kansas City area is defined as Jackson, Cass, Ray, and Platte Counties in Missouri and Johnson and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas.
Requirements of Fellows
- Work full time at the Library on his or her research project.
- Offer a lecture/seminar to general public while in residence.
- Engage in seminars and/or social interactions with other fellows in residence.
- Acknowledge the Library in any resulting publication or presentation based on the fellowship and provide a copy of any resulting publication to the Library.
- Provide documentation (tax forms, visas, work permits) as required by law.
- Provide a statement of how expenditure of grant monies was consistent with the project.
- Write an evaluation of the research experience at the Library and the extent to which the Library collections met research expectations.
Fellowships Home | Collections | FAQ | Fellowships |
Current and Former Fellows | Contact