Fellowship Application Instructions
The online fellowship application consists of the following four elements:
- Candidate Profile
- Curriculum vitae of no more than three pages. Please save this document as a PDF file.
- Project description of no more than five double-spaced pages, highlighting the relevance of the Linda Hall Library’s collections. Please save this document as a PDF.
- Applicants for residential fellowships should arrange for two people to submit reference letters on their behalf. Applicants for travel fellowships need one reference letter. Please provide the names and contact information for these individuals in a PDF file. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that letters are submitted in a timely fashion.
Fellowships are open to doctoral candidates, scholars with a PhD or equivalent, and independent scholars who can demonstrate similar professional or academic experience.
Those who reside in the Kansas City area are not eligible for residential research fellowships. The Kansas City area is defined as Jackson, Cass, Ray, and Platte Counties in Missouri and Johnson and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas.
Requirements of Fellows
- Work full time at the Library on his or her research project.
- Offer a lecture/seminar to the general public while in residence if requested.
- Engage in seminars and in-house events with other residential fellows.
- Acknowledge the Library in any resulting publication or presentation based on the fellowship and provide a copy of any resulting publication to the Library.
- Provide documentation (tax forms, visas, work permits) as required by law.
- Write an evaluation of the research experience at the Library and the extent to which the Library collections met research expectations.