- This event has passed.
Science Trivia Night
July 22, 2020, 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Are you an astronomy aficionado, biology buff, or physics fanatic? Put your scientific knowledge to the test at the Linda Hall Library’s Science Trivia Night!
Tune in on Zoom for an evening of fun and challenging questions inspired by the Library’s collections. Team up with friends and compete for fabulous prizes!
(Don’t have a team? Sign up solo, and we’ll find one for you!)
The event is free to participate, but spots are limited. The game will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. CDT. The Zoom room will open at 6:30 p.m.; individuals who need team assignments and others who might want to get comfortable with the Zoom set up are encouraged to log in early.
The Library’s Science Trivia Night will be played in teams of up to six people via Zoom. During the game, team members will interact in a Zoom breakout room to discuss and answer questions. You may sign up for trivia with a pre-determined team or you may sign up as an individual and be randomly assigned to teams created by event staff.
If you’re playing as a team:
- Recruit your team members- remember teams may be a maximum of 6 people
- Decide on your team’s name
- Each team member will register for the game on EventBrite. During registration, indicate that you are registering as a member of a team and provide your team’s name
- Each team member will receive an email with a link to join the Zoom session
- If some team members will be together in person during the game, each person should still register individually and be counted toward the six-person maximum, but may join the session in Zoom together using one device
If you’re playing as an individual:
- Register for the event on EventBrite
- Indicate you are registering as an individual
- You will receive a link to join the Zoom session
- At the start of the session, event organizers will assign you to a team of other individuals and provide time for you all to meet and create a team name
- The event will begin with all participants together in a Zoom meeting. The Trivia Master will give instructions and go through the first round of questions. Participants will then be automatically moved into separate Zoom breakout rooms with their fellow team members, where they can discuss and record their answers in an online answer sheet. After the round has ended, all participants will rejoin the Trivia Master and hear the next round of questions, before once again separating into teams to discuss and provide answers. At the end of the game, scores will be tabulated and winners announced with prizes for first, second, and third place teams
This game will work best if at least one team member is on a laptop, desktop, or tablet with a keyboard to type answers on. The game is probably best suited for people who have used Zoom before or have team members who are ready to lend a hand if you’re new to the platform.
Accessing the program
To help us better serve our audiences, we have included some demographic questions in the registration form. Your response to these questions is voluntary but appreciated. Thank you!
Note: We have reached our seating capacity for this event. We hope you can join us at a future Library program!
The Linda Hall Library encourages people of all abilities to enjoy our public programs. If you require reasonable accommodations in order to participate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.926.8753 in advance of the event.
Once you register for this event, you will receive email communications from the Linda Hall Library and the Linda Hall Library Foundation. You may choose to opt out of these communications at any time. Your contact information will not be sold or provided to any third parties.