Charles Rennie Mackintosh and his designer wife, Margaret Macdonald, transformed buildings and interior architecture, turning from the claustrophobic stuffiness of Victorian clutter to elegant, simple, dramatic designs that have extraordinary contemporary appeal. Tony Jones, Nerman Family President at Kansas City Art Institute, tells the astonishing and rather tragic tale of Mackintosh’s work and life.
- Due to inclement weather in the Kansas City area, the Library will open to the public at 12:00 p.m. today. Staff should report for work at 11:00 a.m.
- March 19, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- March 28, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- April 11, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- April 13, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- April 30, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm