The Linda Hall Library is open to the public free of charge during regular Library hours. There is no charge for getting a library card. Patrons can request and use materials in the library provided the item(s) are in good physical condition.
- To sign up for a borrowing account (take materials out of the Library), you must be a resident of the Kansas City metropolitan area. You have to provide a current state or federal photo ID with a KC area street address (not a post office box).
- A photo ID plus utility bill in your name is needed if the current address differs from that on the ID.
- Patrons must show their LHL library card or a photo ID at the time of check-out.
Contact the Library's Circulation Department if you have any questions.
Who Can Borrow
- Individuals living within the Kansas City metropolitan area as defined below:
- Missouri – Bates, Caldwell, Cass, Clay, Clinton, Jackson, Johnson, Lafayette, Platte, Ray
- Kansas – Douglas, Franklin, Johnson, Leavenworth, Linn, Miami, Wyandotte
- Established businesses within the KC metro area (see above counties). Contact Reference Services at 816.926.8701 or email@example.com for more information about authorized borrowing for businesses, or fill out our web application by clicking here.
- Students, faculty, and staff of participating Courtesy Card institutions. Contact Reference Services at 816.926.8701 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the Courtesy Card Program.
If you wish to borrow from the Linda Hall Library but do not meet the above criteria, please contact your local public, academic, or corporate library and request to borrow through interlibrary loan from Document Delivery Services. Click here for more information regarding terms and conditions of your Library account.