The Linda Hall Library is open to the public free of charge during regular Library hours. There is no charge for getting a library card; credit cards are required for patrons who wish to borrow materials.
Who Can Borrow
- Individuals living within the Kansas City metropolitan area as defined below:
- Missouri – Bates, Caldwell, Cass, Clay, Clinton, Jackson, Johnson, Lafayette, Platte, Ray
- Kansas – Douglas, Franklin, Johnson, Leavenworth, Linn, Miami, Wyandotte
- Established businesses within the KC metro area (see above counties). Contact Reference Services at 816.926.8701 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about authorized borrowing for businesses, or fill out our web application by clicking here.
- High school students with credit card information provided by a parent. (Parent must be present at registration.)
- Students, faculty, and staff of participating Courtesy Card institutions. Contact Reference Services at 816.926.8701 or email@example.com for more information about the Courtesy Card Program.
If you wish to borrow from the Linda Hall Library but do not meet the above criteria, please contact your local public, academic, or corporate library and request to borrow through interlibrary loan from Document Delivery Services. Click here for more information regarding terms and conditions of your Library account.
For more information on how to request library materials, please see this guide on Making Requests in Primo.