Linda Hall Library to Implement Phased Return to Normal Operations and New Hours on June 1
The Linda Hall Library is looking forward to welcoming patrons and researchers back into the building and to continue serving our community. On June 1, the Library will begin a phased return to normal operations and new hours.
Beginning June 1, the Library will adopt the following policies for patrons.
- Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday/Sunday: Closed
- Patrons with specific materials to consult will be able to access the reading room without a prior appointment. Patrons must identify specific items they wish to use during their visit and must register as a patron when they arrive at the Library for contact tracing in the event of exposure to COVID-19.
- Appointments to use the History of Science collection are required.
- Library materials will no longer be subject to a used-materials quarantine period.
- Complimentary scanning, photocopying, and microfilm scan services in the main reading room continue.
- Study rooms are open for single-person use only.
- Access to the Library is limited to patrons with a need to consult specific items in the collection.
- The Library’s classroom is unavailable for outside meetings and the 4th floor of the Library remains closed to public browsing.
- The Library is not offering in-person public tours or rare book sessions.
Services that will return at a later date:
- In-person programming. In the meantime, you can join us virtually for engaging conversations with some of the greatest minds in science. Visit lindahall.org/events to learn about our upcoming programs.
- Reading Room and 4th floor open for casual browsing, reading, and studying.
- Classroom available for outside meetings.
- Study rooms open for use for up to four people.
The safety of our staff and patrons continues to be the Library’s main priority. When you come to the Library, please help us maintain a safe environment by:
- Wearing a face mask while in the building. Single-use masks are available if one is needed.
- Staying home if you are sick.
If you have questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.926.8701. We look forward to seeing you in our reading room!